This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
The best kind of comfort food you can make right in your crockpot! Even the uncooked orzo cooks in the slow cooker!
20 minutes6 hours 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken stock, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. Uncover and stir in pasta; cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.