This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Super flaky, mile-high biscuits! The Parmesan and black pepper make these SO GOOD! Serve warm for the best biscuits ever!
45 minutes20 minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, baking powder, pepper, salt and baking soda.
- Grate butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into the flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Using a sharp knife, cut 2-inch square biscuits, or use a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Place biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet; place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from freezer. Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.