This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
The easiest, simplest homemade drop biscuits made with less than 20min prep! And they’re so buttery, so flaky and so perfect!
20 minutes20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese, ham, parsley, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Grate butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into the flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Drop 24 large mounds of the dough (about 3 tablespoons each) onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place into oven and bake for 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Serve warm.