The easiest, simplest homemade drop biscuits made with less than 20min prep! And they’re so buttery, so flaky and so perfect!
20 minutes20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cheese, ham, parsley, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Grate butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into the flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Drop 24 large mounds of the dough (about 3 tablespoons each) onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place into oven and bake for 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Serve warm.