Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites
The absolute quickest and easiest way to make homemade pretzel bites! No rising or kneading here! And it is the best when served warm. You cannot beat that!
30 minutes15 minutes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds pizza dough, store-bought or homemade, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, cut dough into 4 equal strips. Roll each strip into a long rope, about 12-14 inches; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 6 cups water and baking soda in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; working in batches, drop dough pieces until slightly puffed and dimpled, about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain well.
- Place dough pieces onto the prepared baking sheet, about 1/2-inch apart. Brush with egg.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 9-12 minutes.
- Working in batches, combine warm pretzel bites, butter and cinnamon-sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve warm.